We (Aspects Counselling Services) are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us. It includes information we collect through our websites, verbally and in writing.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us.
This version of our Privacy Statement is live from 23rd May 2018.
What information do we collect?
We (Aspects Counselling Services) collect information about you when you engage with our website and engage in telephone enquiries with us. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
We collect information about you when you use our website, (https://www.aspectscounsellingservices.co.uk) and engage in telephone enquiries with us. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title);
- Phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Your IP address;
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- Cookie, Pixels or Beacon;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details, including email addresses and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directories);
- Any other information within correspondence you send to us.
How do we use this information?
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You can request to withdraw your consent or object at any time).
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you);
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at (email address), or in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages;
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer), we hold your personal information for three (3) years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for upto one (1) year from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of upto twenty (20) years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you);